Have you been told you need a dental crown?
If it’s been a while since you’ve gotten one, you will be surprised and pleased to know there have been significant advancements made in dental crown construction and placement. This is all thanks to CEREC technology.
What is CEREC? How does a CEREC crown stack-up vs. a traditional crown?
Let’s find out!
What is CEREC?
CEREC makes single-visit dentistry possible.
CEREC stands for “Chairside Economic Restorations of Esthetic Ceramics.” It utilizes CAD/CAM technology: computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing.
It takes a process – creating and placing a restoration – that used to take weeks to accomplish and completes it in just hours!
What’s the difference between a CEREC crown and a traditional crown?
So, what are the advantages of the CEREC crown process compared to a traditional crown?
A traditional crown procedure would go something like this:
- Examination and making bite impressions
- Preparation of the tooth and placement of a temporary crown
- Impressions are sent to an outside lab to manufacture the permanent crown
- A few weeks later the permanent crown is placed
The entire process for a traditional crown requires multiple dental visits, multiple shots, the inconvenience of wearing a temporary crown, and waiting weeks for your finished restoration.
Fortunately, advanced dental technology has found a better way!
What will you experience with the CEREC process?
- Impressions are made with a digital scanner – no need for goopy bite impressions!
- The images from the scanner are transferred to a computer that renders a 3D image of your restoration
- This 3D template is beamed to an in-office milling machine that creates a new restoration from tooth-colored porcelain
- The finished restoration is placed, and you can leave our office with a beautifully restored smile
The entire process outlined above takes only one visit to complete!
Imagine that! You can walk into our dental office in Sammamish, WA, and leave a couple of hours later with a fully functional, natural-looking restoration.
CEREC can create more than just dental crowns!
We know you don’t have the time to make multiple dental visits in an already full schedule. That’s why CEREC is the perfect answer!
CEREC technology isn’t just limited to dental crown restorations either.
It can do much more!
What other kinds of restorations can CEREC create in our office in a single visit?
- Dental bridges: These are used to replace missing teeth and are held in place by dental crowns. CEREC can create these anchoring crowns in just minutes, letting you get back to enjoying your life faster.
- Inlays and onlays: When tooth damage is too large for a filling but too small for a crown, inlays and onlays are used to restore the health and function of the tooth. The CEREC machine can quickly create precise-fitting dental restorations out of tooth-colored porcelain.
- Implant-supported dentures: Dental implants are placed while your restoration is being made, and this can all be done in just one visit!
Our CEREC expert dentist makes it look easy!
Our Sammamish dentist, Dr. Asha Madhavan, has special training in CEREC technology that allows her to create restorations that look and feel natural!
It takes years of experience, hands-on training, and advanced education to achieve the life-like cosmetic results she does – that’s how she makes it look so easy.
Why can you trust your CEREC restorations to Dr. Madhavan? Here are just a few of her impressive credentials:
- She is a graduate of one of the best dental schools in the country, the UCLA School of DentistryOpens in UCLA School of Dentistry
- Worked for several years in top-notch family practices in California before moving to Bellevue
- Stays up-to-date on the latest dentistry advancements by attending continuing education courses
Even more impressive than her educational background is her personable approach to dentistry.
Dr. Madhavan considers her ability to interact and empathize with patients to be her biggest strength.
She takes the time to get to know her patients, understand their dental needs, and deliver care tailored to their comfort levels.
But don’t just take our word for it!
Listen to what two of our dental patients had to say about their experience with Dr. Madhavan.
Dr. Madhavan is proud of her reputation for patient-centered treatments, which she has built in the Sammamish, Redmond, Issaquah, Kirkland, Bothell, and Bellevue, WA areas.
CEREC is your best choice for a dental crown!
It’s pretty easy to see that in the question of a CEREC crown vs. a traditional crown, CEREC is the clear winner!
CEREC provides all the benefits of traditional dental crowns without any of the disadvantages:
- No goopy impressions
- Don’t need multiple appointments
- No need for temporaries
- Immediate results
The team at Asha Madhavan DDS is always looking for ways to make your visits faster, more efficient, and more comfortable. CEREC is a revolutionary dentistry technology that can do all of that.
We would love to help you have a fully functioning, beautiful smile again using CEREC technology.
“My office is always an open door simply because I love helping my patients. I would love to meet you and your family and chat about your dental needs.” – Dr. Asha Madhavan
Make an appointment with Dr. Madhavan by simply clicking on the button below. We are available for early morning, late evening, or Saturday appointments.
Or contact us using one of these convenient means. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Call and talk with us – we are always ready to answer your questions!
- Email us at email@example.com